Hi everyone and welcome to the year 2013!
2012 has come and gone, and since we survived the end, I figured I might as well make some goals for the coming year and share them with you. Sounds like a plan, huh? Without further ado, here are my goals, and boy will I be busy this year!
- Writing Goals: Write roughly 500,000 words. I know, it sounds like a lot. This equates to about five 90,000 word novels and two novellas.
My main project is to finish all four books in The Forbidden Series, one book per quarter, and then work on a side-project throughout the entirety of the year. Here’s a breakdown for anyone who’s curious about my schedule:
- Tales of The Forbidden – March 31st
- Mercy of The Forbidden – June 30th
- Prophecy of The Forbidden – September 30th
- Absolution of The Forbidden – December 31st
- Novella #2 (in a trilogy) – March 31st
- Novella #3 (in a trilogy) – June 30th
- Survival (Book #1 in a trilogy) – December 31st
It’s a bit of a strict schedule, all things considered, but I think I can pull it off. All it will take is dedication. And the best thing about this schedule? It leaves my Sundays free for relaxing and even has two weeks of vacation planned into it. And to be fair, even if I don’t quite finish everything I intend to, it still isn’t a bad haul and is definitely better than last year.
- Publishing Goals: These goals are fairly loose and I’m not sure how well they’ll go. However, here is a tentative plan:
- Query Literary Agents (after finishing/revising Tales of The Forbidden)
- Publish Novella #1 (in a trilogy) by the end of May
- Publish Novella #2 (in a trilogy) by the end of September
- Publish Novella #3 (in a trilogy) by the end of 2013 (or January 2014?)
These publishing goals in particular are subject to change. I don’t know how everything will go, but I’ll keep you updated throughout the process.
- Weight Loss: I think this one speaks for itself. I’m not really going to dwell on it too much here, but dropping a few pounds is definitely one of my goals.
- Job: This one is really a priority. I need a job. I’ve been looking for months without any form of success and it’s really starting to grate on me. Hopefully I can enter the work force in the very near future.
- Social Media: One of my issues this past year has been that my presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.) has been extremely erratic. I intend to fix that issue. This means you’ll be able to talk to me more on Twitter and the like, and that you can expect me to post my standard three blog posts per week. And don’t forget, until January 7th, I’ll be posting daily!
So, these are my goals for the year. The major ones, at least. There are some other, smaller ones (like going to gamescom this year, in August), but I won’t bore you with all of those. This post is long enough as it is!
I hope you all had a safe, wonderful start of the year. Here’s to a brilliant year for all of us!
What are your 2013 goals? Let me know in the comments!