What a pleasant surprise awaited me this weekend. Many thanks to Ritesh Kala for awarding this to me, and many thanks to Elisa Michelle for awarding it to me over a month ago. I also offer my apologies for not acting on it back then.
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award state that I must:
- Thank the person who gave it to me and link back to them in my blog.
- Share seven things about myself.
- Pass this award on to 5 other recently discovered blogs and let them know.
So, here goes. Let’s start with seven things about myself that not all my followers know:
- I love video games – preferably RPGs. The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Castlevania, Kingdom Hearts and others; there are very few things more inspiring that diving into a video game world and living through different lives.
- I knew only two Dutch words when we moved to the Netherlands when I was seven. The words “nee” (“no”) and “oma” (“grandma”).
- After moving to Holland, I spoke the language fluently within half a year and wrote it better than most Dutch kids my age.
- I have three wonderful friends who mean a lot to me: A fellow writer with whom I often discuss ideas and write with, an artist who lets me rant about my writing and many other things, with whom I share shows we like, and another artist with whom I share shows we like, as well as anime/manga, and who is also an avid gamer. They mean the world to me.
- I love Yu-Gi-Oh! This anime/manga inspired my fondness of mythology, particularly Ancient Egyptian mythology and history, and I have no shame in saying that it plays a large role in my life.
- I love horror movies. My first time watching them, I’ll cling to a blanket or pillow. After that, watching the movie becomes second nature. My favorite series in A Nightmare on Elm Street. No words can express the awesomeness that is Freddy Krueger.
- I am not perfect, nor will I ever claim that I am.
Enjoy that little look into the person I am, and while you’re at it, go check out these five amazing bloggers:
Again, many thanks to Ritesh and Elisa for passing this award on to me!
Also, let me apologize to everyone for missing the Friday and Sunday posts. Between Christmas approaching, the last week of college before the holidays, and work, it overwhelmed me. Regular posts will continue now!